Company Reaches Eighth Consecutive Year in the Leaders Quadrant of the Analyst Firm’s Report
SANTA CLARA, CA – August 02, 2016 – Avaya announced today that it is positioned in the Leaders Quadrant of the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications for 2016, making this the eighth consecutive year that Avaya has appeared as a Leader in the analyst firm’s report.
For the Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications 2016, ten vendors were evaluated that supply a unified solution covering six core areas of communications: telephony, conferencing (audio, video and web), IM and presence, messaging, clients for multiple environments, and the ability to integrate with other business and communications applications. The vendors were then placed in one of four quadrants determined along an axis that represents their completeness of vision and their ability to execute. The report focuses on providers to large and very large enterprises that offer their solutions in multiple global markets.
Highlights of advancements in Avaya’s enterprise Unified Communications portfolio include:
- Avaya Aura® 7 and Elite contact center solutions: now 100% software, 100% virtualized — making it easier to configure and manage, support hybrid cloud migration and lower overall TCO.
- Avaya Breeze, the next-generation of Collaboration Environment, with new capabilities and Snap-Ins to allow companies and developers to easily create, customize and integrate applications that can help speed digital transformation and deliver competitive advantage.
- The Avaya Snapp Store, the industry’s first eCommerce marketplace for business communication ‘Snap-in’ applications from Avaya and 3rd party developers
- Avaya Pod Fx — formerly Collaboration Pod, updated with the latest versions of Avaya Aura and contact center and the addition of Avaya Breeze.
- Avaya Communicator and Avaya Communicator for Web: A UX client that brings all communications modes together with a Web version that allows workers to communicate with others from within the business or cloud-based application they’re using.
- Avaya Vantage™: An all-glass, touch screen desktop device with optional handset specifically developed to customize for vertical applications. Built for high-quality audio with hands-free Bluetooth capabilities.
- Avaya Client SDK: A single client SDK on which to build all clients and desktops for virtually any customer facing or employee role; exists as a standalone client or embedded into user or business applications such as Salesforce, SAP, etc.
Avaya has also recently been positioned in the Leaders Quadrant of the May 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications for Midsize Enterprises North America and the May 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Contact Center Infrastructure, Worldwide.
“The pace of innovation is such that many workers are actually losing productivity due to an increasing number of channels, applications, clients and more that they are expected to learn and navigate on a daily basis. Avaya takes a hard look at what we bring to market from the point of view of the user, the IT manager and the value to the customer. Thus, our UC solutions are built with a mobile-first approach that incorporates simplicity, flexibility, security and deliver industry-leading total cost of ownership.”
- Gary E. Barnett, SVP and GM, Avaya Engagement Solutions
Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications, July 13, 2016, Bern Elliot, Megan Marek Fernandez, Steve Blood
For more information please visit www.avaya.com.
Certain statements contained in this press release may be forward-looking statements. These statements may be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “continue,” “could,” “estimate,” “expect,” “intend,” “may,” “might,” “plan,” “potential,” “predict,” “should” or “will” or other similar terminology. We have based these forward-looking statements on our current expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections. While we believe these are reasonable, such forward looking statements involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond our control. These and other important factors may cause our actual results to differ materially from any future results expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. For a list and description of such risks and uncertainties, please refer to Avaya’s filings with the SEC that are available at www.sec.gov. Avaya disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements.
All trademarks identified by ®, TM, or SM are registered marks, trademarks, and service marks, respectively, of Avaya Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners
For 35 years, BrantTel Networks has been at the forefront of helping Canadian businesses leverage communications technology to increase collaboration, engagement, and growth.